Arsenal

Arsene Wenger has told Mikel Arteta Arsenal’s new No 1 striker target after Dusan Vlahovic drama

Arsenal are set to be in for a striker crisis in January and at the end of the season, as both Eddie Nketiah and Alexandre Lacazette are set to leave the club.

Due to the exit of both strikers, it means that Arsenal have been linked with attackers to come in and fill the void, with Dusan Vlahovic apparently being touted by the club.

However, Goal correspondent Charles Watts has denied the claims about a potential move for the Fiorentina striker meaning Arsenal have to look elsewhere.

And they may have unveiled a fresh target in Victor Osimhen, after Mikel Arteta’s comments at the Arsene Wenger film premiere on Tuesday evening.

Speaking at the Premiere, Arteta said: “ I would like to recover a lot of things that he did and I would like him to be more present at the club.

I think the players would love him, they will benefit, they will be inspired to have him around and I think for the club it would be a huge boost.”

Wenger to make an Arsenal return.

Arteta’s invitation for Wenger to return to the club would potentially open the door for a potential transfer of Napoli striker Victor Osimhen.

Italian journalist Paolo Bargiggia revealed that the Nigeria international was close to joining Arsenal last year before completing a move to the Naples-based club instead and Osimhen himself has previously claimed that the Gunners had enquired for him as a youngster.

Speaking to The Independent back in 2020, Osimhen said ““I spoke with Arsene Wenger after the tournament (Under-17 World Cup) ended and he wanted me to come to Arsenal.” He said.

“I had a lot of options. Barcelona; Inter Milan; Atletico Madrid; Juventus and the rest. Arsenal was a good option but it wasn’t the best at the time. I wanted to start playing as soon as I turned 18.”

Now at 22-years-old, the Napoli striker has been excelling in the Serie A and has scored five goals in 10 games so far this season.