The University of Toronto’s Lester B. Pearson Scholarships provide exceptional foreign students a once-in-a-lifetime chance to attend one of the top institutions in the world while living in one of the world’s most diverse cities. The scholarship program’s goal is to honor kids that excel in their academics, are very creative, and are regarded as school leaders. The student’s influence on their school and community as well as their future potential to make a beneficial contribution to the world community are given specific consideration.
These scholarships, which are given out each year, honor deserving students from all around the world, including those from other countries who are enrolled in high schools in Canada. This is the most prestigious and demanding scholarship available to overseas students at U of T. The grant is exclusively valid for first-year undergraduate programs at the University of Toronto. The number of Lester B. Pearson Scholars will be around 37 every year.
About the University of Toronto
The University of Toronto (UToronto or U of T) is a public college research university situated on the Queen’s Park grounds in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. The first college in Upper Canada was established by royal license as King’s College in 1827. The university took on its current name in 1850 after becoming a secular institution and being run initially by the Church of England.
There are 11 colleges at the University of Toronto, and each one has a great deal of autonomy in terms of institutional and financial matters as well as major character and historical variations. Three campuses are maintained by the university, the oldest of which, St. George, is situated in the heart of Toronto. Scarborough and Mississauga are home to the other two satellite campuses.
Benefits of Lester B. Pearson Scholarships
- The Lester B. Pearson Scholarships program seeks to honor students who excel in both their academics and their creative endeavors and who are regarded as leaders in their schools.
- For four years, complete housing support, as well as tuition, books, and incidentals, are all included in the Lester B. Pearson International Scholarships.
Eligibility for Lester B. Pearson Scholarships
You must be one of the following to be eligible to apply for a Lester B. Pearson Scholarship:
- an international student (i.e., non-Canadian requiring study permission);
- You are currently a senior in high school or will graduate no sooner than June 2023.
- Starting your studies at the University of Toronto in September 2024 (students who are enrolled in post-secondary programs are not eligible, and students who begin their studies at another post-secondary school in January 2024 are also not eligible).
Interview date, Process and Venue for Lester B. Pearson Scholarships
Pearson Scholarship Deadlines
- Deadline for school nominations: November 30, 2023
- The deadline for student OUAC admission applications is December 15, 2023. (Please note that this is the last day to apply for the OUAC; while you may still do so up until December 15, 2023, it is advised that you do it as soon as possible. November 7, 2023, is the suggested deadline for admission applications since popular programs may close early and spots in them fill up rapidly.
- The deadline for student scholarship applications is January 15, 2024.
How to Apply
September 2023 marks the start of the 2024 Competition. You must:
- Have your school nominate you to apply. High schools not already contacted/verified are asked to apply to participate in our program, available here in September. (external link). The following link High schools who took part in a prior year will have access to nominations beginning in early September.
- Apply to study at the University of Toronto(external link) there in September 2024, and be sure to submit your admissions application by the appropriate deadlines(external link). Please be aware that you will be given the Pearson Scholarship consideration for your first choice of the U of T program. The Pearson Scholarship, if granted to you, would be limited to your first choice of the program at U of T at the time our scholarship choices are announced. You may apply to many programs and be admitted to them all.
- You can submit the online Lester B. Pearson Scholarship application once we have received a nomination and you have submitted an application to the university. Once your school has successfully nominated you for the award, you will receive a confidential link to the application.
Visit the University of Toronto website for further information.
January 15, 2024