Curtin University is a renowned Australian public research university located in Perth, Western Australia, it has grown to become a globally recognized institution known for its high-quality education, research excellence, and innovative approach to learning.
With a strong commitment to transforming lives and communities through education and research, Curtin University offers a wide range of undergraduate and postgraduate programs across various disciplines. These programs are designed to equip students with the knowledge, skills, and practical experience necessary to succeed in their chosen fields.
Curtin University is renowned for its research and innovation capabilities, focusing on areas such as mining, energy, health sciences, engineering, and sustainability. It collaborates with leading international research institutions and industry partners to address real-world challenges and make a positive impact on society.
Curtin University takes pride in its industry-focused curriculum, which emphasizes real-world applications and prepares students for successful careers. It maintains strong connections with industry partners, ensuring that students have access to valuable industry insights, internships, and employment opportunities.
- Host University: Curtin University;
- Host Country: Australia;
- Study Level: Undergraduate and Postgraduate Level;
- Scholarship Type: Partial Funding;
- Scholarship Worth: Check the details below;
- Eligible Countries: International Students;
- Subjects Available: Business and Law, Health Sciences, Humanities, Science & Engineering;
- Application Deadline: October 15th, 2023.
The Global Merit Scholarships are available for International Students (Undergraduate and Postgraduate levels) in the fields of: Business and Law, Health Sciences, Humanities, Science & Engineering at the Curtin University, Australia.
The Global Curtin Merit Scholarships for International Students at Curtin University are prestigious scholarships awarded to outstanding international students who demonstrate academic excellence and leadership potential. These scholarships are designed to support students in pursuing their undergraduate or postgraduate studies at Curtin University, which is located in Perth, Western Australia.
The scholarship program aims to attract high-achieving students from around the world and provide them with financial assistance to pursue their educational goals at Curtin University. It recognizes and rewards exceptional students who have displayed a strong academic record and have the potential to make a positive impact in their chosen field of study.
The scholarship provides financial coverage for up to 25% of the tuition fee for the first year, with a maximum limit of 200 credit points. It can only be fully applied to students who are enrolled in a mainstream course and completing a minimum of 400 credit points. For students who are completing a minimum of 300 credit points, the scholarship will cover 25% of the first-semester tuition fee. It specifically covers tuition fees and will be credited to the recipient’s fee account by the census date of the study period.
In order for applicants to be eligible for this scholarship, they must complete all the following criteria:
- International students can apply for all undergraduate degree programs, except for the Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery.
- International students can apply for all postgraduate degree programs, specifically those offered as master’s by coursework.
- The scholarship is open to fee-paying international students of any nationality, excluding Australian students.
- Applicants must achieve or surpass the higher academic cut-off score established by Curtin University for this particular scholarship.
- The scholarship is applicable to students who are starting their studies at Curtin University’s campuses in Western Australia for the first time in 2023.
- Full-time enrollment in a Curtin undergraduate or master’s by coursework program, with the exception of the Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery, is required to be eligible for the scholarship.
The scholarship application is integrated into the general application process, eliminating the need for applicants to submit a separate application for the scholarship. They can apply for their desired course at Curtin University either through an authorized education agent or by applying directly online. All eligible applications received by the university are automatically considered for the Global Curtin Merit Scholarship.
During the application process for admission to Curtin University, applicants must submit the following documents:
- Academic transcripts: Official records of academic performance from previous educational institutions.
- Grading system descriptions: Explanations or documentation detailing the grading system used in the applicant’s previous educational institution.
- Award certificates: Certificates or official documents that verify any awards or honors received by the applicant.
- Certified copies of previous qualifications: Authenticated copies of academic qualifications earned by the applicant.
- English proficiency documents: Evidence of English language proficiency, such as TOEFL or IELTS scores, if applicable.
Prior to submitting an application, prospective applicants should carefully review and ensure they meet all the prerequisites and qualifications needed to study at Curtin University.
Applicants have the option to showcase their proficiency in English by providing recognized test results or qualifications such as IELTS, TOEFL, or relevant English language credentials. Detailed English language requirements for each course can be accessed on the respective course tab.