Aisiah Sinta Dewi Identified As Body Found Three Days After Fall Into Lift Shaft

A 38-year-old woman named Aisiah Sinta Dewi has passed away after forcibly opening the doors to a lift and subsequently sliding down the lift shaft at an airport in Indonesia.

Aisiah Sinta Dewi reportedly took the lift to the second floor of the Kualanamu Airport’s check-in area on April 24. She was on her way to meet her niece at the airport.

The woman was captured on CCTV entering the airport lift silently and then struggling with her phone. The individual appeared confused as the elevator abruptly stopped and the doors remained shut in front of them.

As the woman tried to force open the closed doors, she was unaware that another set of doors had opened behind her. She frantically punched the emergency buttons in her attempt to escape.

According to reports, the woman called her niece to inform her that she was trapped while pushing against the closed doors. The woman walked out and fell into the lift shaft.

Airport personnel were requested by the woman’s relatives to search for her after communication was lost. However, the personnel were unable to find her in the airport terminal. Aisiah Sinta Dewi’s age was 38 years old.

Three days after the incident, workers were prompted to investigate the area near the lift due to a strong odor. It was then that she was discovered. Following a five-hour recovery operation, the victim’s body was found trapped at the bottom of the shaft.

The body was reportedly transported to Medan Bhayangkara Hospital for a post-mortem examination. Dedi Al Subur, the head of corporate relations at the airport, stated that the accident occurred due to a lift malfunction. Additionally, Dewi made an attempt to open the doors herself.

According to Raja Hasibuan, the brother of the victim, there was inadequate security in the lift and he believes that his sister was not responsible for the incident. According to him, they requested the video from the lift as that was the last place where they had contact with her.

According to the user, the airport in question is classified as a high-level international airport. Can you explain how safety regulations function? According to the user, the employees’ response was insufficient.

According to police in Deli Serdang, they are currently waiting for the results of forensic testing and have initiated interviews with witnesses. The North Sumatra Ombudsman’s office has reportedly criticized airport authorities for their alleged negligence and slow response to a family’s request for help.

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.